- Serving size: 1 level tsp or 2 bamboo scoops = about 2 grams (adjust to suit your need). *Double the serving for stronger taste.
- *Note - If you have a sweet tooth, you might not like the grassy note in pure matcha with just water, add honey or your favorite sweetener to taste.
- Uji Premium and Uji Reserve require less sweetener to be sweetened.
Health Benefits and Amount per Serving of 2 Grams:
- Catechins: ~240mg (includes 120mg EGCG), a powerful antioxidant.
- L-Theanine: ~30mg, a precious amino acid almost unique to matcha. It increases mental calmness and focus across a few hours. Higher in Uji Premium and Uji Reserve.
- Caffeine: ~60mg ( = ~2/3 of an 8 oz cup of coffee). Improves alertness and energy level.
- The unique combination of caffeine and theanine may have the effect of making you feel alert and calm at the same time without jitter and sustaining the mental focus without a crash. Studies show its effects on improving mental clarity and cognitive performance.
- Matcha Bowl (Chawan), your favorite cup or pourer
- Matcha Spoon (Chashaku) or Tea Spoon
- Electric Whisk
- Tea Kettle - Bring out the Umami by using hot water between 165-175F. You can boil water and let it sit for 3-5 minutes prior to pouring.
- Your Favorite Milk or Water (Americano)
- *For best taste, use fresh water not tap water.
How to make deliciously potent green tea Latte, Cappuccino or Americano:
Step 1: Sift Matcha in your favorite cup or pourer (Recommended). Push matcha gently through the sifter into the cup.
Step 2: Add about 20 ml of water or 1 oz just enough to saturate the matcha and stir gently with electric whisk. The matcha should be thick. This helps bring out the umami of the matcha.
Step 3: Add 2-3 oz of water and begin to whisk the matcha. Tilt the cup slightly and make sure to get the corners of the cup. Add sweetener now and adjust to taste.
Step 4A: For Hot Drink: Add warm or cold milk per your preference and fill up your cup. For americano style, add hot water and fill the cup.
Step 4B: For Iced Drink: Pour matcha over ice than add Milk for Latte or Water for Americano.
Step 5: Sip and Enjoy