- Serving size: 1 level tsp or 2 bamboo scoops = about 2 grams (adjust to suit your need). *Double the serving for stronger taste.
- *Note - If you have a sweet tooth, you might not like the grassy note in pure matcha with just water, add honey or your favorite sweetener to taste.
- Uji Premium and Uji Reserve require less sweetener to be sweetened.
Health Benefits and Amount per Serving of 2 Grams:
- Catechins: ~240mg (includes 120mg EGCG), a powerful antioxidant.
- L-Theanine: ~30mg, a precious amino acid almost unique to matcha. It increases mental calmness and focus across a few hours. Higher in Uji Premium and Uji Reserve.
- Caffeine: ~60mg ( = ~2/3 of an 8 oz cup of coffee). Improves alertness and energy level.
- The unique combination of caffeine and theanine may have the effect of making you feel alert and calm at the same time without jitter and sustaining the mental focus without a crash. Studies show its effects on improving mental clarity and cognitive performance.
- Matcha Spoon (Chashaku) or Tea Spoon
- Sifter (Recommended)
- *For best taste, use fresh water not tap water.
How to make a delicious coldbrew matcha or matcha on the go:
Step 1: Fill bottle about 3/4 of the way up with cold (or hot water to hot tea on the go).
Step 2: Sift Matcha in your bottle (Recommended). Push matcha gently through the sifter into the bottle.
Step 3: Shake vigorously for 15-30 seconds until smooth crema forms on top.
Step 4: Sip and Enjoy