- Serving size: 2 level tsp or 4 bamboo scoops = about 4 grams (adjust to suit your need)
- Enjoy 1 serving each morning and 1 serving after lunch.
- Ideal with Uji Premium or Uji Reserve Matcha
Health Benefits and Amount per Serving of 2 Grams:
- Catechins: ~240mg (includes 120mg EGCG), a powerful antioxidant.
- L-Theanine: ~30mg, a precious amino acid almost unique to matcha. It increases mental calmness and focus across a few hours. Higher in Uji Premium and Uji Reserve.
- Caffeine: ~60mg ( = ~2/3 of an 8 oz cup of coffee). Improves alertness and energy level.
- The unique combination of caffeine and theanine may have the effect of making you feel alert and calm at the same time without jitter and sustaining the mental focus without a crash. Studies show its effects on improving mental clarity and cognitive performance.
- Matcha Bowl (Chawan)
- Matcha Spoon (Chashaku) or Teaspoon
- Matcha Whisk (Chasen)
- Tea Kettle - Hot Water between 165-175F. You can boil water and let it sit for 3-5 minutes prior to pouring.
How to Make Traditional Thick, espresso-like Matcha Green Tea (Koicha):
Step 1: Sift 4 Grams of Matcha in Bowl. Push matcha gently through the sifter into the cup or bow.
Step 2: Add about 20 ml of water or 1 oz just enough to saturate the matcha and stir gently. This helps avoid clumps. The matcha should be thick. This helps bring out the umami of the matcha.
Step 3: Add 2 oz of water and continue to stir until matcha becomes thick and smooth.
Step 4: Sip and Enjoy.